Sunday, January 24, 2010

I'll take the matching shirt with that Gucci Man Purse


"The Village Voice" has reached a consensus I've long had. FUCK GUCCI MANE, RADRIC DAVIS, LA FLARE or whatever else "The Kids" are calling him these days. Now in my 4 day stint in ATL back in 2005 I absorbed way too much of the dude's catalog without even knowing his name, thanks Donte, but I still don't understand his "Mass Appeal."

I want to believe its his "Stupid Crazy" lyrics, but they are so far from that. Cam'Ron does songs with him so he must have something in his book of rhymes I'd enjoy:

"Like OJ Simpson I just wanna stab her."

Hmmmmmm maybe not. I don't have much of a problem with Diplo, I enjoyed "Paper Planes" but if he is a beacon of Hipster power I have to maintain some distaste for his work.

Both the T-Shirt and Mixtape are available on the Mad Decent Partner's Blog.

LINK: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/archives/2009/12/free_gucci_fuck.php

Mad Decent Blog: http://maddecent.com/blog/2010/01/11/gucci-mane-diplo-presents-free-gucci-best-of-the-cold-war-mixtapes/

No comments:

Post a Comment